The project is located in the district of Limassol and concerns the axis Germasogeia – Akrountas – Dieronas – Arakapa.
The project of Phase A concerns the section between the communities of Akrountas and Dierona.
It starts outside the community of Akrountas and ends before the community of Dierona.
Article 103.1, Summary Description of the Project
This is an improvement / upgrade of the section of the existing road Akrountas – Dieronas ~ 8.1 km long. The aim of the project is the improvement / upgrade of the total axis Germasogeia – Akrountas
– Dieronas – Arakapa which is 18.2 km long, in two construction phases. According to the plan, the cross-section of the road is provided with a traffic lane 3.0 m wide in each direction and in addition:
- In embankment areas, asphalt support 1 m wide and plant support also 1 m wide
- In the trench areas, a shallow trapezoidal trench ~ 2 m wide (with or without a retaining wall,
according to the study).
In general, the project includes:
- Support structures for trenches, slopes, and embankments,
- Construction of rectangular and tubular culverts
- Road Construction
- Horizontal and vertical road signs
- Installation of safety railings